Les Miserablés Costume Rental Package
Leading Lady Costumes is your one-stop shop for your upcoming production of Les Miserablés. Our costume package originally designed for an Equity regional theatre will keep your audiences on their feet and applauding "at the end of the day"! This costume package generally books 6 months in advance, so please keep that in mind when contacting us!
Because of the sizing of these costumes, we are currently not renting the package out to High Schools or Middle Schools.
Click here for sample character photo pages.
- Brown textured rag dress, apron, hairscarf
- Period travel coat and small bonnet
- Navy blue patterned cotton faille dress w/ ivory lace collar
- Floral dress with hanging sleeves, ruffle on skirt, large petticoat or medium hoop
- White brocade period wedding dress w/ hoop.
- Travel coat and bonnet for Paris
- Young Eponine: Empire
style dress in pastel blues and yellow stripes w/ soft bonnet
- Adult Eponine: Oilcloth coat, trousers, distressed camisole,
man’s wide leather belt, cap
- Brown and taupe stripe
empire-waist dress with faked under-sleeves and underskirt. Smock apron
- Prostitute brocade
corset paint distressed, lightweight brocade hitched up skirt, bloomers
- White cotton period
empire-waist night gown with matching cotton and eyelet over-gown/robe added
for finale death scene.
- Convict outfit consists of 2 distressed and overdyed pieces with "24601" painted on chest of shirt.
- Distressed travel coat
- dark frock
suits pulled to size. Blacks and
charcoal plaids, somber brocade vests, black pants worn throughout show to make
- Large off white shawl/throw rigged with closure for final epilogue.
- 10 men
- Specialty Valjean with
“24601” painted on, and distressed travel coat
- 3 guards (with convicts)
- 2 policemen (at the
- 2 policemen in
- 2 guards @ the trial
- 2 policemen in Paris
- 1 Valjean soldier coat
- Thenardier distressed
military coat w/ shoulder brushes
Assorted schemata and
rabble cover ups for assorted ensemble numbers.
Some rigged, some shawl/blanket like
Variations of period peasant wear for men and women. Layers and textures to add authenticity to the scene. Assorted straw hats and aprons to help complete the looks.
- 1 Farmer
- 1 Laborer
- 8 Male ensemble laborers
- 7 Female ensemble
- 1 Bishop cassock with attached red-trimmed capelet
- 1 Bishop night shirt
- 1 Sister (period day dress or skirt/blouse combo dependant on size)
- 1 Housekeeper (could
possibly do more if needed)
"End of the Day"
- 6 featured singers
- + full ensemble (minus
factory workers for next scene)
- 6 prostitutes
- 1 pimp
- 3 assorted sailor types
- 2 crones (1 for locket 1
- Bamatabois (the John)
- Remainder of male
ensemble as Gentlemen (or sailor/peasants if desired)
- 1 judge (additional can
- Full ensemble repeats previous looks with the addition or subtraction of pieces as necessary
- 1 nun/nurse: black cassock with nubby black over robe with appropriate headwear.
- 2 male travelers
- 1 Posh Couple (1 male 1
- Full ensemble as
- Mssrs. Thenardier in
military coat, breeches, work shirt, vest, leather apron, cap
- Mdme. Thenardier in
layered skirts, peasant blouse, and laceup bodice
- 1 old beggar woman
- 1 young prostitute
- 1 pimp
- Thenardier's Gang (Brujon, Claqesous, Montparnasse, Babet) each character w/ specific look including the dandy with leather
- Gang and policemen and
ensemble covered in rags for first chorus
- 7 named students
- 2 additional male ens.
(can possibly add more)
- Traditional red vest
with gold trim and buttons for Enjolras
- Tricolor sashes and red
libertine caps and tricolor cockades for assorted ensemble
- Female ensemble join in
- 2 as serving wenches
- 1 urchin boy/ammo runner (fem ens.
as boy--not gavroche)
- Innkeeper (Not Thenardier)
- Innkeeper wife (Not Thenardier)
- Rabble eton jacket,
Peasant shirt, rabble breeches, patterned knee socks, cap.
Barricade through "Turning":
- All ensemble repeats. Add
- 6 women: women in pastel period ball gowns with sheer overdrapes, white gloves, hair bows/fascinators.
- 6 men: Black tails, waistcoats in brocades in shades to match women, matching cravats, white formal gloves.
- 1 major domo: 18th Century Livery including white wig (if required)
- 1 server: Either 18th Century livery or 19th Century tails and servent vest, white gloves.
- 1 drunk uncle (Tails,
silk brocade waistcoat, tie, etc.)
men can be added in formal wear, but I have no additional women's dresses that
- Cossette in wedding
- Marius in period tails
- Mdme. Thenardier dress
in bright plaids and purple
- Mssr. Thenardier in
purple stripe cutaway frock and breeches, green livery vest
- Valjean in dark pants
from previous outfit, poet shirt, cream chenille blanket shawl
This is the
basic inventory of the package based on the originally designed production for
the Ogunquit Playhouse. Additional
costumes can be added where necessary.